WordPress can do pretty much anything. That’s both exciting and intimidating. This workshop focuses on moving you beyond basic WordPress skills. We’ll look at some of the more powerful plugins faculty use in their own portfolios and with classes. You’ll see alternate ways for student authoring with varying degrees of structure. We’ll use categories and tags to create an endless array of additional options. Questions and challenges are welcome.
Faculty who have basic experience in WordPress and want to expand their skill set
- Create a Gravity Form workflow that creates a post
- Use a shortcode with parameters to embed certain posts in a page
- Embed a Google Folder via shortcode
- Use categories and tags to create specific result pages
- Use the customizer for minor CSS adjustments