- This event has passed.
Beyond Bibliographies: Technology-Enhanced Annotation
October 30 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Annotation is one way to push students to engage materials with scrutiny and acknowledge deeper layers of complexity. It might be fact-checking new stories or exploring different facets of a historical document (or something else). Technology affords us new tools, platforms, and materials for annotation. In this workshop, we will explore tools and methods for developing significant learning experiences using annotation.
RSVPs are a helpful planning tool as we design and deliver these events but we also understand schedules change. RSVPs are encouraged but not required.
To RSVP to any of our events, click here.
- Histology – image annotation
- Audio annotation in the Audiography WordPress plugin
- Video annotation in H5P
- Public annotation of a research paper using Hypothes.is
- The Judah Will – an annotated historical will from Richmond built with students as part of a history course at VCU with Dr. Ryan Smith
- Story Map – annotating a map
- Google Maps Whirligig novel annotation
- Annotate words with sound
- Voice Thread
- H5P – available as a stand-alone site or as a Rampages.us plugin
- Google Docs
- Google Maps
- Story Map
It’s always a good idea to keep accessibility in mind when considering any digital resource.