Community

Resetting Triggers in Google Apps Script

Occasionally, when you are running a Google Script attached to a spreadsheet or document, the triggers that run those scripts can sometimes start to malfunction. Over the last five years, I haven’t been able to identify meaningful patterns for why these triggers and the associated scripts fail, but it just happens sometimes. However, here are […]

The post Resetting Triggers in Google Apps Script appeared first on Jeff Everhart.

Occasionally, when you are running a Google Script attached to a spreadsheet or document, the triggers that run those scripts can sometimes start to malfunction. Over the last five years, I haven’t been able to identify meaningful patterns for why these triggers and the associated scripts fail, but it just happens sometimes. However, here are […]

The post Resetting Triggers in Google Apps Script appeared first on Jeff Everhart.

The Toy Shovel

The Toy Shovel

The Eyes of A Child flickr photo by -Jeffrey- shared under a Creative Commons (BY-ND) license Once upon a time there was a young human who loved the beach. She had a toy shovel that she used at the beach all the time. She used that shovel to dig holes and make sand castles. Many fond days at the beach were spent with that shovel. This young human also had a dog. The dog did what dogs do. Her responsibility was to clean up the dog doo when the dog was done. She disliked this task intensely and would often complain about it. “Eureka!”1 exclaimed her parental unit one day. “Our daughter loves her beach shovel! Let’s have her use that shovel to clean up the dog mess instead of using the big metal shovel.” As you might guess, the daughter did not enjoy the shift in tools. The beach shovel did not make cleaning up dog poo more pleasant. It actually made things worse. It was a poor fit for the unpleasant task compared to the traditional shovel.2 The beach shovel was also now contaminated in way that made her not want to use it at all anymore even when she was at the beach. This is my over-simplified parable on using social media platforms in education. 1 Probably […]

The Toy Shovel

The Toy Shovel

The Eyes of A Child flickr photo by -Jeffrey- shared under a Creative Commons (BY-ND) license Once upon a time there was a young human who loved the beach. She had a toy shovel that she used at the beach all the time. She used that shovel to dig holes and make sand castles. Many fond days at the beach were spent with that shovel. This young human also had a dog. The dog did what dogs do. Her responsibility was to clean up the dog doo when the dog was done. She disliked this task intensely and would often complain about it. “Eureka!”1 exclaimed her parental unit one day. “Our daughter loves her beach shovel! Let’s have her use that shovel to clean up the dog mess instead of using the big metal shovel.” As you might guess, the daughter did not enjoy the shift in tools. The beach shovel did not make cleaning up dog poo more pleasant. It actually made things worse. It was a poor fit for the unpleasant task compared to the traditional shovel.2 The beach shovel was also now contaminated in way that made her not want to use it at all anymore even when she was at the beach. This is my over-simplified parable on using social media platforms in education. 1 Probably […]

Weekly Web Harvest for 2017-11-19

What city is the microbrew capital of the US? Using scrollama (or something close to that. h/t Jeff Megalopyge opercularis – Wikipedia “grid-like hemorrhagic papular eruption with severe radiating pain”. — I played ring-around-the-rosy with a tree that had one (maybe more) of these on it when I was around 5 years old. An Introduction to Scrollama.js Scrollama is a modern and lightweight JavaScript library for scrollytelling using IntersectionObserver in favor of scroll events. Using IntersectionObserver abstracts element-in-view detection and removes the need to monitor scroll events, which contribute towards a sluggish experience. It offers three main features: Defensive Exploitation Shortridge-Zero-Nights Presentation that starts with the idea that you understand tech and uses it to explain how humans will behave in a infosec scenario. Mnuchin: ‘I didn’t realize’ viral dollar bill photo would go public – POLITICO Mnuchin said he changed his signature because it was “very, very messy” and “barely” legible. “It was very effective at signing things, but I felt since it was gonna be on the dollar bill forever, I should have a nice, clean signature,” he said. Strange and Curious Wills of the Georgian Era in the Canterbury Court – Geri Walton WILLIAM SHACKELL, ESQ. – Governor of Plymouth – 12 October 1782 “I desire that my body may be kept as long as it may […]

Contact us

Academic Learning Transformation Lab - ALT Lab
1000 Floyd Ave, Suite 4102 | Richmond, Virginia 23284
altlab@vcu.edu | 804-827-5181

Last updated: September 26, 2017

Virginia Commonwealth University