Community

A Clearer Google Docs Revision History View

It’s a bit awkward to see who did what in a Google Doc via the version history. That’s something faculty often want to do.
The easiest path I found was to name the oldest and newest versions. Then click to show only named versions. That do…

Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-05-06

J.R.R. Tolkien Expressed a “Heartfelt Loathing” for Walt Disney and Refused to Let Disney Studios Adapt His Work | Open Culture
he also called Disney a “poor boob” and lamented “What might not have come of it if this man had been educated—…

Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-04-29

JOSEPH BEUYS: I LIKE AMERICA AND AMERICA LIKES ME | Kids of Dada In 1974, Beuys spent three days in a room with a wild coyote for his performance, I Like America and America Likes Me. The Ratio Tracker — Data For Progress Twitter occupies a relatively small share of the American public, but counts essentially every public figure among its daily active users. As much of elite communication takes place on this online platform, we at Data for Progress feel that it is important to provide some insight on how political elites use the platform, and how their audiences respond. In this spirit, we will be providing periodic analyses into various aspects of the Twittersphere. You Can’t Opt Out Of Sharing Your Data, Even If You Didn’t Opt In | FiveThirtyEight It’s what happens when one person’s voluntary disclosure of personal information exposes the personal information of others who had no say in the matter. Your choices didn’t cause the breach. Your choices can’t prevent it, either. Welcome to a world where you can’t opt out of sharing, even if you didn’t opt in. ?? Dashan on Twitter: “Seen at a Harbin restaurant: swinging cradle for your phone, I’m told to cheat the “10k steps/day” test & qualify for health insurance discounts, presumably while you relax, eat & drink […]

Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-04-29

JOSEPH BEUYS: I LIKE AMERICA AND AMERICA LIKES ME | Kids of Dada In 1974, Beuys spent three days in a room with a wild coyote for his performance, I Like America and America Likes Me. The Ratio Tracker — Data For Progress Twitter occupies a relatively small share of the American public, but counts essentially every public figure among its daily active users. As much of elite communication takes place on this online platform, we at Data for Progress feel that it is important to provide some insight on how political elites use the platform, and how their audiences respond. In this spirit, we will be providing periodic analyses into various aspects of the Twittersphere. You Can’t Opt Out Of Sharing Your Data, Even If You Didn’t Opt In | FiveThirtyEight It’s what happens when one person’s voluntary disclosure of personal information exposes the personal information of others who had no say in the matter. Your choices didn’t cause the breach. Your choices can’t prevent it, either. Welcome to a world where you can’t opt out of sharing, even if you didn’t opt in. ?? Dashan on Twitter: “Seen at a Harbin restaurant: swinging cradle for your phone, I’m told to cheat the “10k steps/day” test & qualify for health insurance discounts, presumably while you relax, eat & drink […]

Weekly Web Harvest for 2018-04-22

Old Man River – Futility Closet
Because of its importance to the region’s M?ori people, New Zealand’s Whanganui River is legally a person, with rights, duties, and liabilities, including the right to be represented in court proceedings.
Treaty N…

Contact us

Academic Learning Transformation Lab - ALT Lab
1000 Floyd Ave, Suite 4102 | Richmond, Virginia 23284
altlab@vcu.edu | 804-827-5181

Last updated: April 11, 2018

Virginia Commonwealth University

Privacy | Accessibility | Webmaster